Our Sweet and Crazy Coonhound ...

Our Sweet and Crazy Coonhound ...
Run Free: birthdate unknown - Oct. 17 2008

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The indignity


Booker was getting more than a little gamey - let's say "houndy" - by yesterday. After our morning at the dog park, he was treated to a trip to the groomer, on special request from David. No frou-frou hairstyling for him, just a really good suds and water bath. I won't even say "shampoo." Air dry, no blowdry. Manly treatment.

The lovely ladies at Continental Pet have afforded Booker
a privilege. When he is done with his bath, he is allowed to sit with his leash wrapped around a post on the wrought iron gate separating the grooming area, to wait for me. "It's amazing," she said yesterday, "when he is in a drying crate he just howls and howls, but he's more than happy to sit politely at the gate and wait for you."

Booker is settling in. I think he is getting more secure. I think he knew that I would come and
pick him up.

He looked a little put off though. I think it was the orange and yellow bandana tied jauntily around his neck. Booker pouted all afternoon. I left it on just to share the visual with David.

No comments: