Our Sweet and Crazy Coonhound ...

Our Sweet and Crazy Coonhound ...
Run Free: birthdate unknown - Oct. 17 2008

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sunrise

This morning I took a walk with Booker. It was intended to be just a quick turn around the block, a one-poo-bag walk. But, I needed to clear my head and center myself.

We ended up in the center of Rio Vista, along a canal that connects to the intracoastal. It was just after 6 am. The sun was rising. It was cool, humid and fresh. We walked for one and 1/2 hours. It was cathartic.

I love having a walking companion. He was compliant, calm, sensing my mood. He walked resolutely beside me, looking up to make certain that I understand how hard he was trying to be well-mannered.

We got home and I got back into bed. I slept for a couple hours, and woke up in a better place. There is a lot of stuff going on, and I can get through it.

No comments: